WHAT IS PLASMAPEN?
Plasma pen is a non-invasive cosmetic device that uses electric energy to create plasma gas, which causes micro-trauma to the outer layer of the skin and stimulates the production of collagen, fibroblasts and elastin. These are the essential components of healthy and elastic skin texture. Plasma pen can treat various skin conditions, such as fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin, stretch marks, skin tags, acne scars, plump lines and sunspots .
Plasma pen can be used to treat different areas of the face and body, depending on the skin concern and the desired result. Some of the most common areas that plasma pen can target are:
– The upper and lower eyelids, to reduce drooping and hooding (blepharoplasty)
– The forehead and frown lines, to smooth out wrinkles and lift the brows
– The nasolabial folds and marionette lines, to plump up the skin and reduce creases
– The lips and mouth area, to enhance the shape and volume of the lips and reduce smoker’s lines
– The neck and jawline, to tighten the skin and improve the contour
– The décolletage and chest, to reduce sun damage and wrinkles
– The abdomen and arms, to firm up loose or sagging skin
– The thighs and knees, to smooth out cellulite and stretch marks .
Plasma pen is a versatile and effective treatment that can address various skin
concerns and improve the appearance of the skin. However, it is not suitable for everyone and it may have some side effects, such as pain, swelling, bruising, scabbing, crusting, discoloration and scarring.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Plasma pen is a device that uses plasma gas to create micro-injuries on the skin, which stimulate the production of collagen and elastin. Collagen and elastin are proteins that help keep the skin firm and smooth.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT DURING THE TREATMENT?
Plasma pen treatment is not very painful, but it can cause some discomfort and a burning sensation during and after the procedure. The level of pain depends on the area being treated, the intensity of the treatment, and the individual’s pain tolerance. Some people may opt for a topical anesthetic cream to numb the area before the treatment. After the treatment, the skin may be red, swollen, and crusted for several days. These are normal signs of healing and will subside gradually .
AFTER THE TREATMENT
Aftercare for plasma pen is essential to prevent infection, promote healing, and obtain the best results from the treatment. Plasma pen is a non-invasive procedure that uses electrostatic energy to create plasma arcs on the skin, stimulating collagen production and tightening the skin. However, it also causes some degree of swelling, pain, and scabbing in the treated area, which requires proper care and attention. Here are some tips for plasma pen aftercare:
– Apply a thin layer of *vaseline* or *aquaphor* ointment to the treated area 3-4 times a day until the scabs fall off. This will help moisturize and protect the skin from drying out and cracking.
– Avoid washing your face for *two days* after the treatment, as the skin is very sensitive and prone to irritation. After that, gently cleanse the area with lukewarm water and a soft washcloth once a day. Do not rub or scrub the skin, as this may cause scarring or infection.
– Avoid sun exposure, smoking, alcohol, and any products that contain alcohol, perfume, or acids for at least *two weeks* after the treatment, as these may interfere with the healing process and cause hyperpigmentation or inflammation.
– Do not pick at or peel off the scabs, as this may delay the healing process and cause scarring or infection. Let them fall off naturally in 7-10 days after the treatment.
– Wait for *8-12 weeks* for the full effects of the treatment to be visible, as the skin continues to produce new collagen and elastin fibers. You may notice some improvement in as little as two weeks, but be patient and follow the aftercare instructions for optimal results.
Plasma pen is a revolutionary technology that can rejuvenate your skin and reduce signs of aging, but it also requires proper aftercare to ensure safety and efficacy. By following these tips, you can enjoy your new look and feel confident in your skin.
HOW MANY SESSIONS
Generally, most people need 1 to 3 sessions, spaced 6 to 8 weeks apart, to achieve optimal results. However, some people may need more sessions or longer intervals depending on their individual factors.
|Forehead (Lines Only)||R1500|
|Ear Folds (Both)||R1500|
|Forehead and Frown Lines||R3500|
|Eyes (Top and Crows Feet)||R3500|
|Eyes (Top Eyelid and Bottom)||R3500|
|Eyes (Top, Bottom and Crows Feet)||R4000|
|Mid Face Tightening (Incl Jowls)||R4000|
|Top and Bottom Lip||R2500|
|Top Lip, Bottom Lip and Chin||R3000|
|Nasolabial Folds (Both)||R1500|
|Stretch Marks (Per 30 Minutes)||R1500|
|Skin Tag (Per Skin Tag)||R350|
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
Book your face to face skin consultation with one of our somatologists TODAY