WHAT IS ENLARGED PORES?
Enlarged pores can be caused by various factors including:
1. Genetics: People with naturally oily skin are more likely to have enlarged pores.
2. Age: As we age, our skin loses elasticity, causing pores to appear larger.
3. Sun damage: Exposure to UV rays can damage the skin and cause pores to enlarge.
4. Hormonal changes: Hormonal fluctuations during puberty, menstruation or menopause can lead to increased oil production and pore enlargement.
5. Poor skin hygiene: Poor skin hygiene can lead to the accumulation of dirt and oil, which can contribute to pore enlargement.6. Use of certain products: The use of certain products such as heavy makeup, skincare products that clog pores, or harsh cleansers can cause pores to appear larger.
CAN ENLARGED PORES BE TREATED?
Yes, enlarged pores can be treated, but it depends on the cause of the enlarged pores. Some effective treatments include:
1. Gentle exfoliation with salicylic acid or glycolic acid to remove excess oil and dead skin cells
2. Use of a pore minimizer serum or toner containing niacinamide, retinol, or alpha hydroxy acids
3. Laser therapy, such as intense pulsed light (IPL) or Fotona laser resurfacing, which can help stimulate collagen production and reduce pore size
4. Chemical peels containing salicylic acid or glycolic acid
5. Topical retinoids, which can help increase cell turnover and prevent clogging of pores
6. Regular deep-cleansing facials
THE PROCESS EXPLAINED
During the treatment:
– The skin will be cleansed.
– A laser device will be used to target the affected area and reduce the appearance of enlarged pores.
– One may feel a warm sensation or mild discomfort during the procedure.
– The treatment typically takes around 30 minutes.
After the treatment:
– One may experience redness, swelling, or mild discomfort in the treated area.
– The skin may feel dry or flaky for a few days.
– It is important to avoid sun exposure and protect the skin with sunscreen.-
– Results can typically be seen within a few days to a week after the treatment.
IS THE TREATMENT PAINFUL?
Laser treatment to treat enlarged pores may cause some discomfort or pain during the procedure.
The level of discomfort or pain can vary depending on the individual’s pain tolerance and the intensity of the laser used.
However, before the treatment, the somatologist usually administers local anesthesia or topical numbing cream to minimize the pain during the procedure.
HOW MANY SESSIONS?
The number of laser treatments needed to treat enlarged pores depends on the severity of the condition and the individual’s response to treatment.
Generally, multiple sessions are required for optimal results, and most patients achieve significant improvement after 3-6 treatments. However, some patients may require more or fewer sessions depending on their skin type, age, and other factors.
Fotona Starwalker Skin Rejuvenation Treatment
|Face Rejuvenation||R 1 700|
|Half Face||R 1 050|