WHAT IS MICRONEEDLING?
Microneedling is done by a device that uses fine needles to create tiny punctures in the skin. This stimulates the skin’s natural healing process and boosts the production of collagen and elastin, which are essential for smooth and healthy skin. Microneedling can be used to treat various areas and concerns, such as:
– Fine lines and wrinkles: Microneedling can reduce the signs of aging by plumping and firming the skin, improving its texture and elasticity.
– Scars and stretch marks: Microneedling can fade the appearance of scars and stretch marks by breaking down scar tissue and stimulating new skin growth.
– Hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone: Microneedling can brighten and even out the skin tone by reducing the production of melanin, which causes dark spots and patches.
– Enlarged pores and acne scars: Microneedling can shrink the size of pores and smooth out acne scars by stimulating collagen production and improving skin texture.
– Hair loss and thinning hair: Microneedling can stimulate blood flow and nutrient delivery to the scalp, promoting hair growth and strengthening hair follicles.
Microneedling is a safe, effective, and minimally invasive treatment that can improve the appearance and health of your skin. It is suitable for all skin types and tones, and can be customized to your specific needs and goals.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Microneedling is a device that uses tiny needles to create micro-injuries to the skin, stimulating its natural healing and collagen production. It can improve various skin concerns, such as scars, wrinkles, pigmentation, and pores. It works by moving up and down perpendicularly across the skin, creating micro-channels that allow serums and other products to penetrate deeper.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT DURING THE TREATMENT?
During a microneedling treatment, your therapist will apply a topical numbing cream to the area to be treated and then move the microneedling device over your skin in a circular motion. The needles can be adjusted to different depths depending on your skin condition and your desired results. The treatment may cause some discomfort, but it is usually well tolerated by most people. The procedure can take from 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the area.
AFTER THE TREATMENT
After a microneedling treatment, you may experience some redness, swelling, and mild bleeding on your skin, which should subside within a few days. You should avoid sun exposure, makeup, and harsh products for at least 24 hours after the treatment and follow the aftercare instructions given by your doctor or therapist. You may need several treatments spaced four to six weeks apart to achieve optimal results. The benefits of a microneedling treatment are gradual and long-lasting, as new collagen and elastin continue to form in your skin for months after the procedure.
HOW MANY SESSIONS
The number of treatments required with microneedling for optimum results depends on the condition and the area being treated. Generally, a series of three to five treatments, spaced four to six weeks apart, is recommended for best results. This allows time for the skin cells to turn over and for new collagen to be produced . However, some people may need more treatments depending on the severity of their condition and their skin type. Your therapist will assess your skin and recommend a treatment plan suitable for you.
|Dermapen Face||R 1 600|
|Dermapen Face and neck||R 2 000|
|Dermapen Face, neck and chest||R 2 500|
|Sculpt Stimulation 60 Minutes||R 1 600|
|Sculpt Stimulation 30 Minutes||R 1 100|
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
Book your face to face skin consultation with one of our somatologists TODAY