Fine Lines and Wrinkles
WHAT CAUSES FINE LINES AND WRINKLES?
Fine lines and wrinkles are caused by a combination of factors such as:
1. Aging: As you grow old, your skin naturally loses collagen and elastin, leading to thinning of the skin and the formation of wrinkles.
2. Sun damage: Exposure to UV rays from the sun can damage the skin and cause premature aging such as fine lines and wrinkles.
3. Smoking: Smoking causes the skin to lose collagen and elastin, leading to wrinkles and premature aging.
4. Repeated facial expressions: Repetitive movements such as frowning, squinting, and smiling can cause wrinkles to form over time.
5. Poor skincare: Neglecting proper skincare, such as not moisturizing and not wearing sunscreen, can lead to the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Methods we use for Skin Rejuvenation:
(Not sure which method is recommended for you? Contact us for a Free Consultation)
- Fotona Starwalker
- Fotona TimeWalker 4D
Laser skin rejuvenation is a procedure that uses a laser to heat the deeper layers of the skin and stimulate collagen production. Collagen is a protein that gives skin its structure and elasticity.
By increasing collagen, laser skin rejuvenation can improve the appearance of wrinkles, scars, sun damage, and other skin conditions. Laser skin rejuvenation is different from laser skin resurfacing, which removes the outer layers of the skin and causes more side effects.
- Nordlys Candela IPL
IPL stands for intense pulsed light, a type of light therapy that can help improve the appearance of various skin conditions. IPL works by emitting multiple wavelengths of light that heat and destroy damaged skin cells or hair follicles.
The body then removes the damaged tissue naturally, leaving behind smoother and more even skin. IPL can treat wrinkles, spots, scars, spider veins, and unwanted hair on different parts of the body.
- Chemical Peels
A chemical peel is a skin rejuvenation treatment that uses a chemical solution to remove the damaged outer layers of the skin. The new skin is smoother, less wrinkled, and more radiant. Chemical peels can treat various skin conditions, such as acne, scars, sun damage, and aging signs. Chemical peels vary in strength and depth, depending on the type of chemical used and the desired results.
Facials are a type of skin care treatment that can help with skin rejuvenation. They involve cleansing, exfoliating, massaging, and applying various products to the face. Facials can improve blood circulation, remove dead skin cells, unclog pores, hydrate the skin, and reduce signs of aging.
Facials can also relax the facial muscles and improve the mood of the person receiving them.
- Medical Products
Medical skin products treat skin rejuvenation by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, two proteins that are essential for maintaining the elasticity and firmness of the skin. Collagen and elastin also help repair the damage caused by aging, sun exposure, pollution, and other factors. Medical skin products may contain ingredients such as retinoids, peptides, antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, and growth factors that target different aspects of skin aging and rejuvenation.
The treatments can make the skin look smoother, plumper, and more rejuvenated.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT DURING THE TREATMENT?
During a laser treatment to treat fine lines and wrinkles, one can typically expect the following:
1. Consultation: The treatment will usually begin with a consultation with a skincare specialist to discuss the patient’s concerns and decide on the appropriate laser treatment.
2. Preparation: Next, the treatment area will be cleansed, and a topical anesthetic may be applied to numb the skin and minimize discomfort.
3. Treatment: The laser will be applied to the skin in controlled pulses, targeting areas of fine lines and wrinkles. The laser energy will stimulate the production of collagen, which will help to tighten and smooth the skin.
4. Follow-up: Patients may need to return for multiple treatments to achieve the desired results. The skincare specialist will provide aftercare instructions, including avoiding sun exposure and using gentle, non-irritating skincare products, to enhance the results of the treatment.
AFTER THE TREATMENT
After a laser treatment to treat fine lines and wrinkles, one can typically expect mild redness, swelling, and sensitivity in the treated area. The skin may also feel tight and appear slightly sunburned for a few days.
As the treated area begins to heal, the skin may flake or peel. The full results of the treatment may take several weeks to become apparent as the skin continues to regenerate and produce collagen. It is important to protect the treated area from sun exposure and to follow post-treatment instructions provided by the somatologist.
HOW MANY SESSIONS
Generally, a series of 3-6 laser treatment sessions may be needed to achieve significant improvement in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
It is best to consult with a trained professional to determine the right treatment plan for your specific needs.