WHAT CAUSES LIPS TO LOOSE THEIR PLUMPNESS?
Lips are made of soft tissue that is covered by a thin layer of skin. The skin on the lips contains less melanin, collagen, and elastin than the rest of the face, which makes it more prone to aging and damage. Some of the factors that can cause lips to lose their plumpness are:
– Sun exposure: The sun’s ultraviolet rays can break down the collagen and elastin fibers in the lip skin, leading to wrinkles, dryness, and thinning.
– Smoking: Smoking can reduce blood flow to the lips, which can affect their color and texture. Smoking can also cause vertical lines around the mouth, which can make the lips appear smaller and less defined.
– Dehydration: Lack of water intake can cause the lips to become dry, cracked, and chapped. This can affect their shape and volume, as well as make them more susceptible to infections and inflammation.
– Aging: As people age, their body produces less collagen and hyaluronic acid, which are natural substances that keep the lips plump and smooth. Aging can also cause fat loss in the face, which can reduce the support and cushioning for the lips.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Lip plumping is a non-invasive procedure that stimulates collagen production and remodeling in the lips, resulting in fuller, smoother and firmer lips without the need for injections or fillers. The lip plumping treatment consists of two steps: first, an Er:YAG laser in SMOOTH mode is used to heat the oral mucosa and the vermilion border of the lips, creating an immediate plumping effect. Second, an Nd:YAG laser in PIANO mode is used to deliver deeper heat to the lips, initiating new collagen synthesis and enhancing the volume and contour of the lips. The treatment is painless, has no downtime and produces natural-looking results.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT DURING THE TREATMENT?
The procedure is not painful, but you may feel some heat and tingling sensations during the treatment.
AFTER THE TREATMENT
You should expect some swelling and redness after the procedure, which will subside in a few days. You should also avoid sun exposure, spicy foods, and alcohol for a week after the treatment to prevent irritation and infection.
HOW MANY SESSIONS
The number of sessions required for optimum results depends on the individual’s goals and expectations, as well as the condition of their lips. Generally, most people see noticeable improvement after one session, but some may need two or three sessions to achieve their desired outcome. The sessions are usually spaced four to six weeks apart to allow the lips to heal and adjust to the new shape.
|Liplase (Lip Plumping)||R1 250|
Before and Afters
- Non-invasive plumping for fuller and smoother lips
- Stimulates collagen remodeling
- Initiates new collagen synthesis
- No downtime
SMOOTH® modality Er:YAG Provides an immediate response that patients will notice. In contrast to injectable fillers, the LipLase® treatment is non-invasive, and there is nothing artificial as patients develop their own collagen in their lips. With several adjusted passes the characteristics of ‘ideal lips’ can be achieved such as fullness, volume, correct balance between the upper and lower lips and a well-defined vermilion border.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
Book your face to face skin consultation with one of our somatologists TODAY